The University of Massachusetts has provided its faculty, staff and friends a private club for over 75 years. For many years it was known as The Faculty Club, but was renamed the University Club in 2002. Most recently, The University Club & Restaurant opened its homes for public dining in 2008.
We still honor our heritage as a faculty club by maintaining all the accoutrements and atmosphere of a classic faculty club. Members of the University Club still enjoy the same rights and privileges as before. There are areas of the club reserved for members, and they have priority in making reservations or booking meeting rooms.
There is always room for members and non-members alike and we are proud of our capacity to welcome everyone who visits our house.
Club Membership Benefits:
- 20% discount on food & non-alcoholic beverages (member and up to 3 guests)
- Charge all expenses to your personal account (billed monthly)
- Use the club and dining rooms for catered events and entertaining
- Reserve rooms for meetings and socials at no charge
Rooms are available from 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Reciprocal privileges (only for regular and retired members) to all clubs belonging to the Association of College and University Clubs. See the list of other ACUC institutions
- FREE Associate Membership for your spouse or a member of your immediate family with all the benefits
- Receive email newsletters on upcoming Club events
- The right to vote for members of the corporation board and to serve as a board member or corporation officer
Who can be a University Club Member:
- All faculty, professional and classified staff
- Retired faculty and staff
- UMA postdoctoral fellows
- The professional and classified staff of the UMass President’s Office and the UMass Foundation
- Members of the UMass Amherst Alumni Association
- CEOs of University Partner firms
Annual Membership Dues:
- Voting club membership – $200 per year
- Regular memberships must be paid through payroll deductions only.
Retired Faculty and Staff
- Voting club membership – $100 per year
- Retirees may pay by cash or check. Make checks payable to: University of Massachusetts Faculty Club, Inc.
Alumni Association Life or Legacy members
- Non-voting club membership – $75 per year
- Only off-campus alumni qualify
- Alums may pay by cash or check. Make checks payable to: University of Massachusetts Faculty Club, Inc.
- Non-voting club membership – $200 per year
- Partners may pay by cash or check. Make checks payable to: University of Massachusetts Faculty Club, Inc.